Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Surprise! We are still in KTM....

but we leave tomorrow at 4am to cross the border into Tibet and start our journey to Everest Basecamp.  Based upon some pretty spotty speculation, we could be in Basecamp by April 16th but don't hold your breath.  I certainly won't!

All is well.  We are all getting antsy and are ready to climb.  A few days to slowly move up in altitude will help us acclimatize and get our heads right for the climb.  For now, I am relieved that our expedition is starting to take shape.  I need to stop eating and start moving.

Thanks for following.  Hopefully I can post some pictures from our trip to Basecamp.  Don't know if my phone will have service.  If not, you'll see updates posted on Twitter from my Garmin InReach without pictures until Basecamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment