Friday, May 11, 2018

One day delay...

We head up in two days.  Our planned summit attempt is now May 19th.  Here is our rough plan...

We head to IBC on the 13th, up to ABC on the 14th, then 2 days rest at ABC.  On the 16th, we'll climb up to the North Col and spend the night on 1/2 a liter of oxygen per minute.  The next day (May 17th), we climb to C2 and spend the night on oxygen - perhaps at the same flow rate.  On the 18th, we climb from C2 to C3 and try to sleep for a few hours before taking off for the summit sometime in the late evening (11pm or so).  As I mentioned, our plan is to summit on the morning of the 19th.  We should have a little time on the summit before we turn around and go as far as we can down - hopefully as far as ABC to enjoy a celebratory beer.  I aim to track each climbing leg so everyone can follow our progress.

These are just plans but they give you a rough sketch of what is in store for us in the upcoming days. As Mike Tyson once said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Let's hope mother nature has no plans to fight us.

One more rest day at Chinese Basecamp....