Week 10 Update: Aug 18, 2013
Last week of training before a week off! Here are some highlights of this past week.
- Three days of 5+ hours of training is not as tiring as I expected
- Looking forward to a full week of rest
- It is tough to workout when on vacation
I worked my tail off from Sunday through Tuesday so I would not need to train that much while at the beach. As you can see from the figure below, I did 5+ hours of training on those three days leaving me with only a few remaining hours for the rest of the week - divided among the days I spent on the Jersey shore beach.
Yo! Look at that Sunday through Tuesday below. Yep, that light line that has the huge workload. I crushed it early this week and then coasted into the finish line for a well-earned week off.
After 10 blogging weeks and 15 training weeks, I am nearing the ¼ way point. The next week, however, is a rest week with only climbing and a swim meet ahead. I can't wait!
What a great week. The busy early week only confirmed what I learned over the past few weeks - I can put up with a ton of training with no ill effects. At least I can make that case for one week. Muliple weeks like the past would burn me out.
I am on a productivity downward spiral but my training continues to improve with increased optimism and motivation for working out along with decreased fatigue and soreness. I need to figure out how to weave in more productive time while increasing my workload. More on those strategies later…
Sleep quality continues to improvej as my spO2 dips. I must be suffocating in my sleep but it is a blissful, quiet suffocation. Later this week while I am on vacation, I intend to post more about my pulmonary function test.
Updates for the week
- I relaxed on the beach last week and neglected to do my blog posts as promised. When I am in Oregon, I promise to follow through.
- Last week, I spent two days at the beach sleeping with my hypoxic mask. The tent is way more comfortable in terms of breathing and sleeping but I really liked the temperature outside the tent.
- I'm off to the airport in about an hour and I can't wait to meet up with Dan and his collegues. Our climb might be a bit brief due to many constraints but at least I will be on the glacier with my son and my Everest climbing buddies. Look for pictures from that day to be posted after Tuesday.
I'm off to Portland!